Namakkal Kavignar Ramalingam Government Arts College for Women
ACTIVITIES OF INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL - IQAC
CO - Ordinator : Dr. L. JOTHI - Assistant Professor of Physics
First IQAC meeting was conducted on 23.08.2017. Principal Dr. D. Gretta Mary Thenral presided over the meeting and the plan of action for the year 2017- 2018 was discussed in the meeting. Senior faculty members and members of IQAC from all the departments attended the meeting.
PLAN OF ACTION: 2017-2018
1. First meeting for all IQAC members.
2. Activities reflecting the goals and objectives of the college.
3. Academic schedules like classes, practical, examination, project reviews, sports, academic Calendar, College magazine
4. Maintaining a record of attendance, assignments, question papers, syllabus coverage, laboratory records, etc.
5. Improving infrastructure facilities in the departments.
6. Strengthening Continuous Internal Assessment process.
7. Organizing conferences, workshops and seminars by various departments.
8. Financial assistance to establish IQAC office.
9. Starting research in frontier area.
10. Preparation of question papers as per University Examination pattern.
11. Evaluation of answer papers.
12. Promotion of e-sources in the Library and department.
13. Making the college campus into “Clean campus”.
14. Attending conferences and workshops by the faculty members.
15. Organizing scientific meeting by the faculty members.
16. Strengthening faculty club activities.
17. Encouraging all UG students to enroll in any one of the following programmes: NSS, YRC, RRC, Consumer club, Rotary club, Yoga club, Dance club.
18. Programme for first year UG and PG Students during even semester.
19. Organizing programme on Quality Enhancement for teaching staff.
20. Improving extension activities of the departments.
21. Functioning of students Alumni chapters and parent teacher chapters.
22. Feedback from students, parents and faculty members.
23. IQAC email address: email@example.com
24. Forward the report of all activities of the department in microsoft word through IQAC email ID.
25. Odd semester activities of all departments should reach the IQAC email on or before 30.11.2017 and even semester, before 30.03.2018.
26. Preparation of Annual Quality Assurance Report of the college.
Our college is registered for India Ranking 2018 (NIRF) on 05.10.2017. Institutional data has been submitted to NIRF through Data Capturing System from 18.11.2017 to 22.11.2017. The data submitted for India Ranking 2018 was uploaded in our college website on January 12th 2018 for public perception as informed by NIRF Team.
On 30.11.2017, list of students admitted for the academic year 2017-2018 in each department, conferences, seminars and competitions conducted in the college during odd semester are collected from all departments for data processing.
Workshop on enhancing best practices for National Assessment and Accreditation and National Ranking for faculty members was conducted on 10.01.2018. Principal Dr. D. Gretta Mary Thenral presided over the workshop. Prof. N.C. Chandrasekaran, Former Syndicate Member of Periyar University was the Chief Guest. Dr. L. Jothi, IQAC Coordinator welcomed the gathering. 147 the faculty members were given training to prepare documents for NAAC. Certificates are given to all the faculty members who have attended the programme.
Seminar for post graduate students was organized on 29.01.2018. Dr. P. Mariappan, IQAC Coordinator, Rajah Serfoji Govt. Arts College, Thanjavur was the resource person and presented a talk on Research Opportunities in Arts and Science. 310 first and second year postgraduate students of our college participated in this seminar. Principal gave away the certificates to all the participants.
Antileprosy fornight as sprash leprosy awareness campaign was conducted in our college on 30.01.2018. Principal Dr. D. Gretta Mary Thenral presided over the programme. Thiru S.K. Subramanian, Dr. A. Jayanthini, M.B.B.S.,D.D.V.L., Assistant Director, Medical board-Leprosy division, Thiru. Kiranthi Kumarpathi I.A.S., Deputy Collector, Dr. T. Shanthi M.B.B.S., D.G.O, Joint Director-Medical Welfare Schemes, Dr. G. Rameshkumar M.B.B.S.,DPH., Dr. S. Selvakumar, M.S., Dr. S. Ganapathi, M.B.B.S.,DTCD, Dr. A.P. Subramanian M.D.,IMA., Thiru M. Thiyagarajan, Thiru R. Murugasen participated in the awareness campaign. 2500 students were undergone leprosy screening test. During screening test, only one student having leprosy symptom was identified. Doctors advised the affected student to take treatment continuously for curing leprosy.